Our top six tips to travel healthy
wherever you’re off to
Everybody knows the health benefits to travel. It takes you away from the stress of everyday life. But it’s also really important that you stay healthy while travelling, wherever you’re going. So here are our top six tips.
- 1. Don’t burn the candle at both ends. Remember your mother saying that? Well take heed people, nothing is more important to your health than being well rested. So that means get sleep regularly. Your body needs to rest when you’re physically active and travel sees you lugging bags, crossing time zones and doing things out of the usual routine. Get good sleep daily and listen to your body.
- 2. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Water is so crucial when you are travelling – make sure you have access to and regularly drink good water. Your body needs it to keep up with the rigours of travel wherever you are in the world.
- 3. Keep ‘em clean. This applies to your hands and we cannot stress enough the importance of having clean hands. We always travel with biodegradable wet wipes and hand sanitiser. This is about limiting the exposure to germs from others and keeping your own germs to yourself!
- 4. Don’t do anything in excess. It is so important to not go overboard with drinks or even food. When you’re travelling it’s easy to fall into the trap of big meals at buffet time or free drinks when it’s fully inclusive. Just remember your body has to absorb and process everything you put in today to deal with your tomorrow.
- 5. Protect yourself from the sun. Wherever you are in the world, you will be exposed to the sun. We always recommend wearing sunscreen and reapplying often. Slip slop slap is applicable universally!
- 6. Dodge the bites. Whether you’re visiting a malaria area in Africa or not, it’s always best to prevent the bites. So wear insect repellent, long sleeve tops and avoid dark colours so you can see them when they do land on your skin!