Who we are.
Encompass Africa Story
Founded by Jonathon back in December 2008 and launched officially in Australia in July 2009, Encompass Africa is a travel specialist that specialises in 17 African countries including the Indian Ocean Islands.
A passionate, creative team brimming with African travel expertise and holiday planning know-how, honed over decades of industry experience is exactly who we are at Encompass Africa. We also embrace creativity and innovation, it’s what we do best to bring the reward to your experience from the moment you get your first digital itinerary for inspiration.
We have sent hundreds of guests on tailor-made safari holidays that range in style, duration and experiences because when you are the specialists, anything is possible.
We are super proud of our guests because they all fondly remember their holidays and refer family and friends to us, testament of our service satisfaction.
Today, our pillars of foundation stand as strong as ever.
- We inspire guests with first hand experience shared through stories told by our owners. Our guests like the fact they get to deal with the owners of the business and the entire team. They know their interests will be taken care of and that they don’t need to repeatedly explain their African travel needs and desired holiday outcomes.
- We impress guests with our big hearted team of passionate professionals. We are a lean, well oiled team – a collective of like minded people who thrive together and you’ll love working with to create your dream safari holiday.
- We inform guests through an excellent personal service. There truly is nothing old school about good old fashioned service. That is just who we are at Encompass Africa and what we pride ourselves on. Honesty, unbiased advice and obligation free to ensure guests make the best decisions because they are well informed by those in the ‘know’.
- We influence guests with our infectious passion for and commitment to Africa, its wilderness, wildlife, people and cultures. Conservation isn’t an option, it’s inherent in everything we do. Sustainability was once a fashionable statement, it is now the ‘norm’ in Africa so we partner with camps that do it exceedingly well.
- Connectivity is in our nature. We get to the heart of every guest brief and ensure we successfully connect guests to genuine, life changing African safari experiences that guarantee great reward for them personally and also the local people, wildlife and places.
Name behind the brand
Jonathon has become synonymous in Africa as one of the most charismatic, respectful and delightful human beings who genuinely cares about his guests and their experience, nurtures relationships with partners and goes beyond the norm to help contribute to the future of Africa. Born and raised in Johannesburg South Africa, safari lover since childhood, a past overland guide, staff trainer, first aider, business strategist, safari specialist and now the founder of Encompass Africa, Jonathon has driven, flown, peddled, paddled and hiked all over the continent.
For Jonathon, travel is all about expeditions that challenge and reward you, pushing personal boundaries you thought were immovable. It isn’t climbing Mount Kilimanjaro or canoeing the Okavango Delta or diving with Great White Sharks. It could simply be travelling on an African adventure that takes you outside your usual comfort zone of international holiday destinations.
What Jonathon values most as the Founder and a boutique business owner is integrity, honesty, knowledge, expertise, passion, creativity, a conservation heart and having fun.
Our moral compass
What we do and how
We make things happen. We listen carefully to every guest during a safari briefing. From here, we think expansively and creatively, working hard alongside you and the industry to design, tweak and tailor your ultimate safari holiday.
Encompass Africa is inspired by challenging the status quo, going beyond the brochures for we love brave, bold and off the beaten track. Our safaris are designed to excite you and make it easy for you to enjoy and experience effortless African travel.
We offer quality end – to – end African travel solutions with a core focus on guest experience and personal reward. We create compelling safaris that enable people to do everything they ever dreamed of. Along the way, you witness Africa’s beauty and get an understanding of the importance of looking after its remaining wilderness, protecting its wildlife and ensuring sustainable futures for local communities.
We position you in the right place at the right time. Our extensive experience, creative and strategic thinking and careful logistics planning is part of what we do to ensure you achieve your desired safari holiday again with outstanding value and reward.
Africa changes constantly. That’s why we are here. We are passionate about Africa travel and spend significant time ourselves exploring the new, revisiting the old and staying up to date on everything one needs to know to plan holidays to Africa. Every day we are in contact with our partners, ascertaining weather patterns, wildlife movements, upcoming properties, new wilderness areas so you can benefit.
We bring Africa to life. We shine the light on Africa and just what is possible by sharing reviews, stories, photographs and videos all taken by our guests and our team. We know your time in Africa will be treasured and remembered and we can help you celebrate it and share with others.
Our experienced team of African travel specialists look after everything from start to finish, planning your daily movements, hand picking accommodation, guides, activities, tours and even vehicles, recommending restaurants and making reservations, booking international and regional flights (if you wish, not compulsory of course) to quoting on travel insurance all to ensure your African safari is perfect.
Optimise your value and enhance your experience by choosing Encompass Africa.
Take a look at our video below to see just what is possible.
This is just one of many fantastic audio visuals we have produced to shine the light on Africa’s offering. Visit our Vimeo video library to see more.