Our guide to
Travelling Solo in Africa
Are you contemplating travelling to Africa solo?
It is totally possible, easily achieved and effortless if you work with specialists.
Whilst it can be daunting when you first start researching, the fun really does kick start in this planning phase. Our role is to create your dream solo Africa safari holiday, maximising time on the ground within your budget parameters and your preferred travel styles.
Solo travel to Africa can be done tailor-made and we try to utilise properties that offer social environments and settings, no or low single supplement. If you are on a budget we also look at properties that are easily accessed with cost effective transport options.
Another Africa solo option is small group safari tours.
If you have the budget, a great solo Africa trip style is private guided. This gives you your very own vehicle and guide (or aircraft if you prefer) and away you go with freedom to explore for the best safari holiday.
Solo safari ready?Get in Touch
Tips to solo travel in Africa
Solo travel in Africa can be really daunting. So here are a handful of tips to make it easier.
- Budget will depend on your style of travel and level of comfort. To help we recommend properties that do not charge single supplements.
- Pack light – even though our itineraries are brilliantly prepared with help along the way, there will still be stretches of time where you carry your own bags.
- Make sure you have a well organised bag so you can easily get what you need along the way without having to stop and unload everything in front of others.
- Always see your travel doctor before you go to ensure you’ve had all of the necessary vaccinations and carry a well stocked first aid kit. Nothing worse than being alone and sick somewhere new.
- Know when you want to go and the sort of things you love to do then choose us as your specialist and let us know your top list to see and do and anything that doesn’t interest you.
- Solo travellers often think group travel is easier in Africa for them under their ‘circumstances’ yet we think tailor-made travel is just as easy and triple the reward.
- Don’t fear Africa and decide to play it safe and go elsewhere – the adventure in Africa is wonderful and easy if we work with you. We create effortless itineraries filled with your favourite things to do in new places and just stay open to new experiences whilst mindful of what’s around you.