The Dulini Collection
Shining the light on a wonderful reserve
The Dulini Collection
Welcome to Dulini. This is a beautiful private reserve located in South Africa’s Greater Kruger region, more on that here [Kruger Blog]. There is over 10,000 hectares of pristine traversing land with a perennial river running through and three properties to choose from.
What this means for the actual experience is simple:
- Private reserve = less tourists, ability to off road, more flexible hours to be on safari (Kruger is restricted to gate open and close times even when staying inside the park).
- Traversing land and perennial river = decent size to explore, riverbeds and a diversity of landscapes to enjoy
- Three lodges to choose from = you determine your style of stay, all of them classic, beautiful and set along the idyllic riverbank.
One can expect outstanding safari service, exclusivity, genuine hospitality and exceptional wildlife sightings all within a pristine wilderness.
Like to know more? Look at the video below of Dulini Lodge itself, then beyond that, read about the individual properties and why we adore The Dulini Collection.
Why Choose Dulini?
- Exclusive, custom-built six-seater Land Rover vehicles so you are guaranteed a window seat
- Inclusive of safari gear on the vehicles: binoculars, camera mounts and reference guides
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout: so you can load your photos and share with friends back home
- Complimentary laundry service: Go home with a clean bag of clothes – winning!
- Just 16 suites over 3 properties: intimate stay so you don’t feel like just a number
- The setting: panoramic riverbed views from each of the suites
- Private viewing decks with heated plunge pools: you can swim anytime
- Fully inclusive rate: so you don’t need to pay for anything except that top shelf spirit or bottle of champagne to celebrate a good decision
The smallest property within the collection, Leadwood provides a wonderful storybook experience and just three rooms (fourth available on request). Imagine a lounge, open plan with the ceiling so high you never really notice it at all. Wildlife roaming on the riverbed before you or drinking from your pool, fireplaces roaring for those cooler evenings and of course never more than eight of you in camp.
Exclusivity is the buzz word here – topped off with your own private butler.
It is intimate, staff know your name, your favourite drink, what time you like to eat and whether or not you want to chat or be left alone. They are intuitive, caring and full of character.
The beauty is just a handful of people who you share the safari experience with and stories afterwards around the campfire. And then there are the rooms….
The grandeur of ancient ebony trees embrace this six suited lodge sitting on the Sand River with views out to the savannah beyond.
The main area is a beautiful split level timber structure with nooks for privacy whether you want to read your book, relax, chat with staff or sit down on the boardwalk and admire the views and passing ‘wildlife traffic’.
Here you are blessed to experience a luxurious and spacious room complete with bedroom, ensuite bathroom, sitting area, private deck, plunge pool and outdoor shower.
The highlights have to be an impressive boma (outdoor fire and cooking area for dinner under the stars), wellness centre, gift shop and interactive kitchen for those with a penchant for gourmet lessons.
The heart of the collection is Dulini, a relaxed yet uber elegant lodge that makes you feel at home on arrival.
Relax in the main area under the leafy canopy of ebony trees, wander through the immediate gardens surrounding the lodge and find your favourite lounge chair for some down time between safaris.
The dry riverbed is just metres away and you’ll see wildlife wandering through daily. Again with just six rooms there are never more than twelve guests meaning intimacy is a constant in all of the lodges.
The rooms are large with bedroom, ensuite and a sitting area not to mention private deck and pool plus outdoor shower.
Our favourite here is the wine cellar! Who could resist.
There’s also a gym – wasted on us but you may like a workout after all the extravagant food and wine you’ll savour on safari with Dulini.
Dulini is ideal for
- Couples because this is luxury and romance at its safari best.
- Honeymooners and there are some good value adds available.
- Groups of friends because they are small properties you can take over the lot if you book well in advance to make a real celebration out of it
- Families with older children for safety reasons. Conditions apply.
Dulini Lodge – Children 8 and older, exclusive use is any age, 8 – 16 pay 50% of full adult rate
Dulini River Lodge -Children 8 years and older, 8 – 16 pay 50% of full adult rate
Leadwood Lodge – Children 12 – 16 year olds can share with 1 adult