Under the Spotlight:
New Properties in Africa 2019
What a year this is turning out to be already with some wonderful bookings, new enquiries and repeat guests travelling. Even more exciting is the impressive list of new properties recently opened or about to launch. There is so much on offer from honeymoon retreats, family friendly options and adventure camps for those seeking thrills. Here are some of our new favourites:
1. RockFig Tree Lodge, Timbavati Private Game Reserve, South Africa. With only 6 suites and only four people per game vehicle, exclusivity is the name of the game here. Pure luxury whilst on safari makes this one ideal for honeymooners, especially with a fantastic special offer of 4 nights for 3 until the end of June 2019!
Best for: Honeymooners, couples or small groups of friends
2. Tintswalo at Lapalala Wilderness, South Africa. Located in the huge, 44,500 hectare malaria free Lapalala Wilderness Reserve, only 3 hours by road from Johannesburg. Offering luxury tented accommodation with private plunge pools, as well as non-tented for those that prefer. This is a stunning lodge, overlooking a busy water hole so while you take a dip in the swimming pool or sit on the deck sipping a drink, you can continue your game viewing all day. Danica and Jonathon head over in May so we can give you first hand account on its offering!
Best for: Families, honeymooners, couples
3. Lekkerwater Beach Lodge, De Hoop Nature Reserve, South Africa.
Located just over 3 hours from Cape Town, this lodge is designed to offer a 2 night stay on a stunning section of coastline, with rock pools big enough to snorkel in, zebras and antelope roaming in the reserve where over 260 species of bird are found, hundreds of whales migrating along the coast between July – November, as well as dolphins, seals, and cave exploring. This combines well with Cape Town, Winelands and a Kruger safari finale.
Best for: Families, couples, those wanting some time out
4. Saseka Tented Camp Thornybush Game Reserve, South Africa
Occupying an enviable location on the banks of seasonal Monwana riverbed, a hotspot for wildlife, this lodge offers luxury tented rooms with a private plunge pools as well as a two bedroom Leadwood Villa, ideal for small groups or families (children of all ages are accepted however 6 yrs is the age limit on game drives).
Best for: Families, couples, friends travelling together
5. Linyanti Expeditions, Linyanti, Botswana
With only six tents this camp is for the more adventurous safari goer, those who want to really be out in the bush, in simple but comfortable tents with en-suite bathroom and bucket showers, top-notch food and views of the Linyanti wetland to absorb you. This camp’s focus is walking safaris, though there are still opportunities to do game drives and mokoro trips. Combine with another of African Bush Camps properties in the Okavango Delta or Zimbabwe to experience two amazing wildlife regions.
Best for: Adventurous traveller, walking safari enthusiast
6. Tuludi, Okavango Delta, Botswana
Pure, unadulterated luxury is found here. Seven enormous tented rooms (60 square metres in size!) with spacious decks and private plunge pools, this camp is located in the Khwai Private Reserve, which covers 200,000 hectares ensuring exclusivity whilst on safari. No two days are the same with a variety of activities from a walking safari, boat safari, mokoro and game drives viewing a extraordinary amount of predators that habitat this area. Combine with Natural Selection’s San Camp, in the Makgadikgadi to experience two of Botswana most contrasting regions.
Best for: Couples, families, friends, luxury safari goers.
7. Chikwenya, Mana Pools National Park, Zimbabwe
Occupying a stunning location with views stretching up the Zambezi River, on a private concession with incredible resident game and only seven tents in camp you will definitely feel in the wilds of Mana Pool here. Photographers, safari enthusiasts and lovers of remote wilderness will be in heaven here. Head out on game drives, walking safaris and boat trips. Combine with Hwange National Park and Victoria Falls to make a fantastic Zimbabwe itinerary.
Best for: Any lover of safari and scenery
8. Singita Kwitonda, Volcanoes National Park, Rwanda
Known for their luxurious lodges and huge efforts in conservation Singita once again will deliver with their newest lodge, Kwitonda, named after a legendary silverback. Located at the park border, on its own 178 acre area of land which enables easy access to gorilla trekking and helps acts a buffer between the gorilla’s habitat and Rwanda’s agricultural plots. With 8 suites and one four bedroom villa this lodge will suit both couples, and larger families/friends (NB gorilla trekking age limit is 15 yrs old). For an epic holiday combine a stay here with the Singita Serengeti properties in Tanzania for a primate and wildebeest extravaganza.
Best for: Luxury travellers looking to gorilla trek