4×4 safari top tips
1. You can head out on a 4×4 safari holiday anytime of year.
2. Keep in mind wet seasons often see damage to roads and landscapes so driving can be challenging. Rivers can flood, roads can wash away and dirt can quickly become impenetrable cotton soil.
3. If you are self driving, know your own ability and liaise with your specialist to ensure the journey is not too difficult.
4. Winter can be chilly on morning and afternoon 4×4 safaris, so take clothing that you can layer.
5. Consider how much time you are comfortable spending in a 4×4 vehicle each day. Road driving is transferring from place to place and then game driving is viewing wildlife in wilderness areas.
6. We will give you an indication of drive times.
7. Southern Africa vehicles are mostly open sided.
8. Some vehicles in East Africa are open sided, others have pop top roof or roll back canvas roof tops.
9. Whilst the driver/guides have binoculars it’s best to take your own.
10. Many vehicles have charging points and mounts and beanbags for cameras to ensure your comfort.
Need help with 4×4 safari?
Our trip planners are destination specialists and here to assist you every step of the way. We:
• Give you great advice
• Find you the best deals and get you the best prices
• Take care of all the details
• Are on hand 24/7 while you’re travelling, giving you total peace of mind