When to travel Africa
One of the most frequently asked questions here at Encompass Africa is when to travel Africa. It is always wise to know your dates and plan ahead. This helps to secure the best value properties and experiences your money can buy. It also helps to avoid any compromise on where you go and what you see.
Equally important is knowing what you want to see and do and what season guarantees this. You wouldn’t want to be lazing on a remote idyllic beach in the Seychelles when a cyclone hits or safari in the Serengeti to see the migration when months ago they crossed the river to the Masai Mara.
Popular destinations are booking out well in advance, some of the high end luxury camps up to 2 years.
To summarise, the top reasons why knowing your available dates to travel Africa is helpful:
- The best properties in Africa offering amazing value and rewarding experiences are often owner run and small. This means we need to book well in advance to secure you space.
- Flexibility in the dates you can travel helps to secure availability too.
- If you are restricted to school holidays, we highly recommend you book at least 9 – 12 months in advance because it’s busy.
- Remember peak travel seasons in Africa vary per country and region, what’s universal is the high season for flights over Christmas.
- We can put together a full proposal with accurate availability, costings and have arrangements on hold ready to book if you’re happy.
- If you are seeking a small group tour, it’s best to be flexible with dates so we have a greater chance of securing availability. Tailormade has no set start or finish date – it’s all determined by you.
- Like Australia, you can travel any time of the year, just being mindful of weather conditions and impact on the experiences you seek.
Are you ready to start the conversation?