This fascinating 9 night tour explores all the major archaeological sites of Northern Sudan. This vast region was once ruled by the Nubian kings, who for a time also ruled as pharaoh over all of Egypt in the period known as the Kingdom of the Black Pharaohs and the Twenty-Fifth Dynasty of Egypt. Discover the rich history of this arid and wild region through its ancient pyramids and ruins. Also explore the city of Khartoum, home to the Archaeological Museum, ancient temples, and the colourful souk of Omdurman, and watch the stunning Whirling Dervishes and traditional Nuba wrestling. Culture, history, and stunning landscapes abound on this epic Sudan adventure.
- Explore the ancient Nubian pyramids of Meroe
- Enjoy a city tour or Khartoum and visit the Archaeological Museum
- Watch the Whirling Dervishes whirl outside the tomb of Ahmed al Nil
- Visit ancient temples built over 2,000 years ago
- Experience villiage visits and learn more about Sudanese culture