This Kenya and Democratic Republic of Congo itinerary combines the top three activities in Africa: safari, gorilla trekking, and mountain climbing. Start off in Kenya, the original safari country, for a classic safari experience in the famous Masai Mara conservancies. Head out with a guide each day for exciting game drives, night drives, and walking safari, and experience fantastic game viewing. Depending on the time of year, you may also get the chance to witness the famous Great Migration. From here continue on to Rwanda, the start and end point for your DRC experience. Head out for a city and Genocide museum tour before crossing the border into the DRC. Spend these days trekking for the magnificent and endangered mountain gorillas, and test your endurance on an exhilarating Nyiragongo volcano climb. This is an itinerary for adventurers and thrill seekers.
- Game drives and night drive in the famous Masai Mara
- Walking safari across the vast Mara plains
- Informative Kigali city and Genocide Museum tour
- Exciting mountain gorilla trekking in Virunga National Park
- Exhilarating climb up Mount Nyiragongo to view the lava lake