Ethiopia is an incredible destination and one of the most interesting countries in the world. With a private and local guides at each destination, head out and explore the historical highlights of Ethiopia. From the rock-hewn churches of Lalibela to the home of Ethiopia’s ancient kings, Gonder, Ethiopia offers some of the richest and most fascinating history in Africa. Explore the holy city of Axum, which claims to be the resting place of the Ark of the Covenant, and learn more about of the oldest Christian nations in the world. Escape from the city and take in the awe-inspring views and unique wildlife of the Simien Mountains, home to the rare Ethiopia wolf. This is the ultimate itinerary for those wishing to take in the highlights of Ethiopia.
- The awe-inspiring Simien Mountains
- The ancient rock-hewn churches of Lalibela
- Gondar and the castles of Ethiopia’s old kings
- The holy city of Axum – home to the Ark of the Covenant
- Addis Ababa, the capital of Ethiopia