The Snowy Mountain Region has a rich and fascinating history to accompany its breathtaking natural beauty. Stretching from Canberra in the north, to the border of Victoria in the south, it holds deep spiritual significance for Aborigines. Early European stockmen and farmers who called the stunning countryside home during the 1800s were immortalised in one of Australia’s favourite poems (which also became a film) – The Man from Snowy River. Travel with us to discover this magical environment of high peaks, alpine lakes, vast plains and rich heritage for yourself.
- Charming heritage boutique villages
- Spend a day discovering our nation’s Capital
- 3 full days immersed in the breathtaking beauty of the alpine region
- 3 nights accommodation at a pristine resort set on 7,500 acres of wilderness high country
- Discover the picturesque Southern Highlands
Images courtesy of Destination NSW, Wilderness Lodge