Ancient history abounds in this epic 12 night itinerary that takes you from the arid deserts and necropolises of Sudan to the towering pyramids and rolling dunes of Egypt. Start in the city of Khartoum, the capital of Sudan, and visit the National Museum for history and stunning temples, explore the old city of Omdurman, and watching in wonder at the Whirling Dervishes outside the tomb of sufi leader Ahmed al Nil . Continue into the desert to visit Naga and Mussawarat temples, and the more than 40 pyramids belonging to the Royal Necropolis of Meroe. Then its up into Egypt, to visit the famous Pyramid of Giza, Sphinx, Egyptian Museum and more. Continue south to Abu Simbel and Aswan, and finish off with a wondrous cruise along the famous Nile river. This is the perfect itinerary for history lovers and explorers.
- Explore the ancient pyramids of the Royal Necropolis of Meroe
- Enjoy a city tour or Khartoum and view the Whirling Dervishes
- Discover the Pyramid of Giza, the Sphinx, Egyptian Museum and more
- Visit the famous Abu Simbel Temples
- Relax and explore the sights on a cruise along the famous Nile River