Our Guide to
Private Guided Safaris
Private safaris for sheer perfection
A private guided safari allows you to not merely observe Africa’s wilderness and wildlife, rather immerse in it. You will have an expert leading you through remote areas and allowing you to smell, feel, listen and even touch the bush all the while listening to sounds, savouring its sights and smells.
You can travel with your private guide and stay in all sorts of accommodation types from lodges to camps. There are so many different types of accommodation ranging from uber luxury and sophisticated to rustic adventure camping.
We tailor private safaris to utilise your preferred type of accommodation. If you want our opinion, the best are small private, owner run camps and lodges with genuine intimate settings and great staff who meet your individual needs and interests. The more remote you want to go the better! Just keep in mind the trade off may be added expense of getting people and supplies into that area. We find our guests are happier the further away they get from civilisation and what comes naturally is a willingness to forego the creature comforts.
You travel around in either light aircraft or private 4×4 custom built vehicles attuned to the environment you’re exploring. The presence of your private guide makes it easy to participate in out of the ordinary experiences not usually available to guests. It also allows you to linger longer where you care to or get on the road quicker if the desire is there. Your guide, a tailored itinerary and pace that you can set in the planning and change on the day.
Our private guides can get you out on game drives, fishing, mountain biking or even horse riding. The most skilled guides are in tune with nature and the best placed to take you on walking safaris and canoeing safaris. Your guide will teach you about local life, cultures and traditions and share their story of life as a local.
Private safaris sound like your safari style?
Private Guided Safaris in Tanzania
One of the most rewarding safari holidays in Africa has to be a private guided Tanzania Safari exploring the fantastic Northern Circuit that takes in iconic wilderness areas like Tarangire National Park, Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro Crater and the Serengeti. When you go private, you basically arrive and are met immediately by your professional guide and whisked off in custom built, creature comfort kitted out 4×4 vehicle. You will want for nothing and have total freedom to explore.
We put you in the best properties to meet your Tanzania safari needs.
Our tips for Tanzania Private safaris
- Private guided in 4×4 allows you to see local life unfold
- You get total freedom to watch wildlife for as long as you like, not worrying about other guests and their agendas
- We choose a guide to suit you – family friendly, photographic specialists, birding guides etc
- Pace is everything so you are comfortable moving from place to place. Be open about what you prefer. Many people want to see everything in a short time so be mindful that means moving every day or every second day.
- Book in advance to get the best properties for your Tanzania safari
Private Guided Safaris in Namibia
Another sensational country to explore with your own private guide has to be Namibia. The very best naturalist guides are well trained with great personalities and exceptional knowledge of wilderness and wildlife throughout the country. Namibia is a vast country much like Australia, so it’s important to chat with us about what you want to see and do.
Top tips for Namibia Private safari
- Have your wish list and indication of time and budget you can spare for a Namibia private safari. That’s the starting point for planning
- Pace is important. Do you prefer to linger longer and immerse in landscapes so you truly get a sense of its beauty? Or do you want to pack in as much as possible in your Namibia holiday time?
- Accommodation styles in Namibia vary greatly and can impact your experience. Be sure to talk about what you like and dislike in the early planning stages so we get it absolutely right for you.
- We match the guides based on your interests be that photographic, birding, history etc.
- Plan 12 months in advance because Namibia safaris are becoming overwhelmingly popular.