Celebration and retirement safaris
Our Guide to
Celebration and Retirement Safaris
Celebrate in Africa.
So you have a special anniversary, birthday or big occasion like retirement to celebrate in Africa?
An African safari holiday is a great idea. We understand that very special safari holidays are filled with hopes, meaning and expectations. Our service promise to you ensures that the Encompass Africa provides the commitment and care you deserve.
We design a celebration Africa safari package that will realise dreams, exceed expectations and create unforgettable, meaningful memories. From birthdays in the bush to epic, multi-country, bucket list retirement safaris, Africa has something for everyone.
As seasoned travellers, you may have come to expect the best. With life experience we know the level of service you crave. The absolute best knowledge, experienced people and a polished professional service is exactly what Encompass Africa will grant you access to.
There is no end to grandeur and adventure in Africa, the ideal combination for celebrating a significant moment or achievement in your life. African holidays are also hugely rewarding to it will add to your heightened sense of achievement.
Some of our most seasoned travellers refer to themselves as grey nomads. They list a few things essential to the task of getting to Africa.
1. Planning and preparation are key with ample time so you get the best properties and experiences.
2. Jetlag management is essential because our physical abilities
3. Medical preparation
4. Comfort is key and thats everything from your wardrobe to the style of beds you’ll be sleeping on.
5. Doing good along the way is so rewarding
So to ensure the ultimate experience, it’s best to work with a specialist who knows how to create the ultimate celebration safari or retirement safari.
Bucketlist Retirement Safaris
A huge portion of our guests have or are about to retire and an African safari rates highly on their bucket list. The most popular retirement safaris are epic, multi-week trips that span numerous countries, unique landscapes, diverse wildlife interactions, activities, culture, cities for a cosmopolitan experience, wineries for some tastebud indulgence and even an island finale.
The average is three to four weeks although anything is possible. We highly recommend embracing the planning stage as it is truly exciting and rewarding as we work through ideas, maps and send you options to review and refine. We always start and think big, easier to scale down than up so with a blank piece of paper we work with you to create the ultimate retirement safari.
Tips for planning Retirement Safaris
- Have an idea of your parameters first, like time and money
- Write out the wish list of places you want to visit so far so we can go through it all
- Determine how you prefer to travel and any modes of travel you absolutely don’t want to try (some guests don’t want light aircraft flights)
- What activities do you wish experience in Africa on your retirement safari?
- Know your limits. It is important that we know your health, medical and dietary needs in advance because that can determine properties we can and cannot use
Christmas time whilst on an African Safari holiday is a brilliant celebration and there are so many great options to choose from. Whether you crave the festive season in a luxury lodge, a wilderness bush setting sleeping under canvas or an island exploration we can help make it outstanding.
Tips on Christmas Safaris
- Plan well in advance as properties book out quickly due to holiday season popularity
- Keep in mind flights will be considerably more when you travel in December so if you can fly out early December it may just help lighten the load on airline prices
- Ascertain what climate you can cope with because it can get really hot in places like Namibia!
- Private safaris are brilliant for Christmas because you get to really explore at your own pace
- Self driving during Christmas is a great idea, bear in mind locals in South Africa merge to the coast so traffic can be bottlenecked in many areas particularly along the Garden Route
Many of our guests celebrate milestone birthdays in the bush or on one of Africa’s outstanding beaches and to be honest, it’s where we all want to be. Imagine waking to a glorious African sunrise on your special day and heading out on safari and returning to a birthday brunch somewhere in the bush? Top this off with an afternoon game drive, sundowners to celebrate and private dinner for you and your travelling party. Maybe you prefer the luxury of a barefoot beach or island birthday celebration where you can spend the day relaxing, sailing, snorkelling or diving.
Tips on Birthday Safaris
- Plan well in advance and be flexible with dates so we can ensure your actual birthday is somewhere lovely rather than in transit between places or worse still, on an international long haul flight
- Know what you really want to experience so we can give you options and again important to allow lots of planning time to broaden the possibilities and birthday safari options
- Tell us everything you like and dislike so we can plan unique desires of you and your travelling party
Celebration and Retirement Safari Feedback
From those who have ventured
We enjoyed every minute and we are still gaining pleasure from recounting the memories, especially the birthday celebration.
50th Birthday SafariRead more
Blue Train was terrific, birthday champagne in our suite on boarding, birthday cake from the Blue Train staff with a card and lovely song at dinner time.
70th Birthday SafariRead more
Our trip was unbelievable and we had a ball. Thank you once again for organising our incredible holiday. We have not stopped talking to our friends and family about it and will not hesitate to recommend Encompass Africa.