The Blue Train has been synonymous with luxury rail travel and hospitality since 1946. It offers you a unique way of experiencing some of Southern Africa’s magnificent landscapes and landmarks. On board the train, you can indulge in fine cuisine accompanied by outstanding South Africa wines. Around the clock personal butlers see to your every need for the duration of your experience, be it in the comfort of your private suite or at any one of the exquisite lounges.
What’s so unique about the Blue Train?
- The train features panoramic size windows enabling guests to easily view the stunning scenery of the South African countryside.
- Soft refurbishments have been done on both Blue Train sets
- Amongst many other accolades over the years, The Blue Train was voted the 2011 World’s Leading Luxury Train at the 18th Annual World Travel Awards, the fourth consecutive year it has enjoyed this honour.
- Modern technological advancements of The Blue Train include unique coupling, a TV monitor in each suite, an automated entertainment system and an air-cushion suspension system allowing guests to savour a smooth and pleasurable ride.
- The train features a GPS system which tells guests where they are going, the speed they are travelling at, where they are at the time and how far their final destination is.
- The Blue Train glides through the countryside at a maximum of 90km per hour ensuring a noise level somewhere between soft rainfall and normal conversation.
- Guests can tune into the driver’s eye view camera and watch the world ahead as the train swiftly glides along.
- The Blue Train travels smoothly throughout the day and night without the need to stop thus allowing guests to enjoy a peaceful night’s sleep.
- On board entertainment includes TV monitors enabling guests to watch movies as well as a selection of music channels and radio stations.
- The train features a unique conference facility
- An on-board boutique allows guests to select from a range of exquisite jewellery pieces and Blue Train branded mementos
- The Blue Train is the perfect way to return from Cape Town to Johannesburg
More than just a journey…
It’s an all inclusive experience offering unsurpassed luxury travel, five star accommodation, fine cuisine, personalised butler service and routes that offer breathtaking views of the countryside. This journey ventures into a timeless world of grace, elegance and romance, where spectacular scenery stirs your imagination and luxurious comfort soothes your body and soul.