The South African Rand hit a 4 year low on Tuesday and so the Aussie dollar goes further! That means holidays in South Africa are more affordable than ever.
I hear you ask what is so great about a holiday in South Africa? Here’s my favourite experiences in South Africa and a few specials on offer for 2013 and 2014 that may tickle your holiday fancy!
- Land of the famous Nelson Mandela who fought for freedom and equality. Visit the island prison where he served his sentence.
- South Africa self drive holidays are outstanding due to excellent road infrastructure and signage, beautiful regions to explore and affordable accommodation and car hire
- Cape Town, Kruger and Coast combination is a winner – enjoy cosmopolitan Cape Town with its world class restaurants, accommodation, stunning scenery, friendly locals before venturing to the Kruger for a wildlife safari. Your finale is then time out on the Coast and that could be in South Africa or Mozambique.
- Gourmet Trails for foodies. South Africa offers international standard cuisine and we have some very special experiences from private dining in the homes of famous chefs to cooking schools in the Karoo to tram rides through the Winelands
- Body & Soul Safaris – South Africa has some outstanding safari camps and lodges that allow time out for your body, enrichment for your soul and of course wildlife! Ask us about our favourites.
- Direct flights are available on certain days linking Cape Town to Kruger to Victoria Falls (Livingstone, Zambia) if you wish to see this natural wonder of the world.
- It combines very well with Namibia (also on the Rand) or Botswana,Zimbabwe and Zambia which are on the US$
Winelands – Delaire Graff has a stay 4 nights, pay 3 special Valid 1 May to 31 August this year and next year! Le Quartier Francais offers ‘Sweet Suites’ with third night free and this is valid all year.
Safari – Tanda Tula has a stay 4 pay 3 deal 1 October – 30 April 2014, Kwandwe offers 10% off a 3 or more night stay 15 March until early December 2014.
Cape Town – Uber luxury Ellerman House is throwing in 10% discount, neck and back massages for two and three course dinner for guests staying 1 May – 31 October 2014.