We are pleased to introduce you to the newest camp planned in the Selous Game Reserve, Tanzania. Roho Ya Selous means Heart of the Selous’ in Swahili.
This is a fantastic addition to the Southern Safari Circuit of Tanzania and the property offers magical views of the Rufiji River and surrounding wilderness not to mention knock out accommodation and impressive wildlife.
Did you know the Selous Reserve was declared a UNESCO World heritage site in 1982? It is home to one of Africa’s largest Wild Dog populations and the Big 5 (Elephant, Rhino, Lion, Leopard and Buffalo)
Why we like Roho Ya Selous without even seeing it yet
- Luxury tented accommodation is planned with all the creature comforts of a ‘lodge’ without the walls so you feel truly immersed in your Tanzania safari in the Selous.
- Family Friendly
- Located in an ideal spot with a great vantage point for stunning Photographic safaris
- Diversity of safari activities to keep you captivated, from game drives in open sided 4×4 vehicles, walking safaris, fishing in Tanzania, boating safaris
- It’s the perfect fly in fly out camp with an airstrip close by
- Wildlife sightings are impressive because the camp is close to the Lakes – ideal water sources for wildlife. Safari in and around Lake Manze and Lake Nzerakera.
What to expect at Roho Ya Selous
- 8 Luxury safari tents that will be positioned comfortably amongst the trees offering guests privacy and shade
- Each tent will be fitted with an ‘evening breeze system’ thus offering a welcomed cool breeze over the beds during summer
- Ensuite bathrooms are beautifully designed with indoor and outdoor shower. Who doesn’t love a safari shower under the stars
- Private verandahs on each deck offer a place of calm where you can simply relax and escape the heat of the day
- A beautifully designed and open plan main area where you can socialise with other guests and staff, especially at night time around the beautiful big fire place.
When does Roho Ya Selous open?
Roho Ya Selous will officially open its doors for business in August 2017.
Be one of the first to safari in the Selous staying at this luxury tented camp in Tanzania.
There are some opening safari holiday specials..
so please do get in touch to find out more about Tanzania safaris and the new Roho Ya Selous.