The East Africa Tourist Visa will apply if you are planning a Uganda safari, Kenya Safari or a Rwanda gorilla trek and holiday.
So you may just like to read this blog about the East African Visa.
Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda all require a visa to enter and it is best sought in advance of travel.
If you are travelling to a few of the countries listed, then you are eligible for the East African Visa.
Important to know:
- You must apply for and pay online via the diplomatic mission of the first of the two or three countries you intend to visit.
- The East African Visa costs USD100.
- You can apply for it as outlined below.
- It allows multiple entries within Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda.
- Turn around time is 3 – 5 days usually.
To apply, please ensure you have the following documents saved as PDFs so you can attach them to your visa application. It certainly makes the process much quicker and less frustrating.
You will need:
Copy of your passport (bio data page)
Return Air ticket (they want to see you are entering and departing Uganda)
Copy of recent passport size photo
Vaccination Certificate (yellow fever)
Is a Uganda Safari first on the list?
If so, please apply for your East African Visa by visiting
Select Visa and then under category, select East Africa Tourist Visa and follow the process.
Is a Rwanda holiday first on your itinerary?
If so, you can apply for your East African Visa by visiting https://irembo.gov.rw/rolportal/en/web/dgie/newhome
They have a live chat service if you have questions, but it’s quite an easy process. Simply choose the relevant visa and follow the steps, again with your documentation ready to attach.
Is a Kenya safari holiday first?
If Kenya is your first country of entry, visit https://www.ecitizen.go.ke
And then simply follow the process.
What to consider in the safari holiday process and visa choice.
There are some important notes for you to consider before choosing the best visa/s for your safari holiday and whether that is the East Africa Tourist Visa.
1. We have been advised by governments of the countries that the journey between Rwanda, Kenya and Uganda can be in any order.
2. The visa is deemed expired if you visit a country in between that is not one of the three. So you would then have to apply for a single entry permit for each country.
3. Yellow fever vaccination is required for entry into Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda. It is also compulsory if you intend to visit Tanzania and you have been in one of the three countries on the East African Tourist Visa.
Phew so there you go! Everything we know about the East Africa Tourist Visa. Ask your specialist if you want further clarity and we will do our best to help guide you and point you in the right direction.
So are you safari ready now? That’s great. Let’s chat and get the ball rolling and you’ll be in East Africa before you know it!