Namibia safari holidays are now cheaper than ever with the Rand at its lowest point in 4 years!
Namibia offers remoteness, beauty and magic. This African gem often not top of mind boasts such diversity in its landscapes, wildlife and cultures it is sure to entertain and enthral all travellers, any age! Namibia can be experienced by road or air or a combination of the two.
Self drive holidays in Namibia are easy thanks to the fantastic infrastructure, affordable car hire and accommodation. If time is of the essence, we recommend transferring by air between your destinations. Or perhaps our favourite itinerary is one that combines some self drive and aircraft travel so you can experience the country and its landscapes by road and air.
From breathtaking Fish River Canyon in the extreme south (beautiful views and hiking trails with mules that carry all the gear and allow hikers freedom to enjoy the walk unhindered, or there is a 5 day hike for the energetic but it’s unaided so you are on your own out there!), the famous sand dunes of Sossusvlei and exciting cities of Swakopmund and Windhoek to Etosha National Park for a wildlife safari, ghost towns for photographic opportunities and of course anywhere in between… Encompass Africa can get you there.
We offer tailormade Namibia itineraries to suit your needs, small group tours, fly in safaris and self drive with accommodation ranging from camping under the stars to luxury lodges.
Tips for travel in Namibia
- If driving, towns are often few and far, so fill up where you can if self driving!
- Don’t speed because you may get fined or even worse, suffer a burst tyre
- Watch out for wildlife, they do stray onto the road (domestic and wild)
- If you’re flying, try to keep your luggage to a minimum and bring a soft sided bag so it can fit into the light aircraft
- If you can’t imagine a holiday without a phone, ensure yours is unlocked and purchase a local SIM card. It’s the most cost effective way of staying in touch with family and friends. Remember some regions are remote and signal is not available or very limited.
- Namibia currency is the Rand, so it’s great value for money right now
- In Namibia you can safari in 4×4, boats, on foot and of course fly over landscapes so it truly is the ultimate destination for adventure
- Perhaps the most stunning cultural experience is time with the Himbas.
- Apple Strudel in Solitaire
- Joe’s Beerhouse in Windhoek
- Henties Biltong in Henties Bay (you have to try the gemsbok biltong!)
- Best lemon meringue tart at Ami’s Coffee Shop, Swakopmund
- Burnt Mountain & Organ Pipes… Twyfelfontein
- Etosha Etosha Etosha
- Don’t think there isn’t enough here to keep you captivated for your holiday duration…
Namibia is one of our favourite countries thanks to its rugged and diverse landscape beauty, cultures, cuisine (meat of course) and wildlife. Remember it is very easy to get to and combines well with South Africa and Botswana or Victoria Falls… So let us create the perfect itinerary for you.