Fancy a safari with a difference? Get out of the safari vehicle and experience the bush on foot plus the chance to fly camp on the river banks in the Selous Game Reserve
This is a fantastic little safari experience special for those wanting to explore Tanzania.
What to expect
Spend two nights at The Retreat and move to a special luxurious fly camp for two nights. Experience pristine wilderness and the power of African nature. Sleep under the stars, listen to the wisdom of your guide at an open campfire and experience true African romance served by your private butler and chef… now that’s luxury!
Where you are
The Retreat is on a little hill at the Ruaha River and in the midst of the Selous Game Reserve.
The Selous Game Reserve is an UNESCO World Heritage Site and at 55,000 km² is almost twice the size of Switzerland and just 200 km south west by air of Dar es Salaam.
It is the largest protected wildlife sanctuary in Africa and is widely accredited as being the most pristine wilderness.
How to get there
Sumbazi airstrip, 30 minutes drive from the lodge, is served by several airlines, notably daily scheduled flights (charters also available), from Zanzibar, Dar es Salaam, Arusha and Ruaha.
From Dar es Salaam, a 70-minute flight is operated comfortably and efficiently by several airlines.
The private guide of The Retreat will provide a special meet and greet service at Sumbazi airstrip and transfer the guests often in combination with the first exciting game drive to the lodge.
|VALIDITY||PRICE per person|
|Now until 19 Dec 2014||US$3,600|
- 2 nights in a River Suite at The Retreat
- 2 nights luxury fly camping
- Park & conservation fees and a guide
- House wines, beers, soft drinks and three meals a day
- Two activities at The Retreat per day. Choose between game drives, bush walks (reserve fees not included, add US$25 pp), boat excursions (reserve fees not included, add US$25 pp) and spa treatments
What’s not included?
- All other drinks
- Reserve fees for walking and boating
- Travel insurance
- Tipping and items of personal nature
- Any increase to park fees or VAT which are predicted for October 2013.
- International and regional flights